4 zucchinis - grated
1 large carrot - grated
6 eggs - whisked
4-6 sun-dried tomatoes - roughly chopped
2 tbs butter
1.5 cups button mushrooms - sliced
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Hope you’re well.
This week at The Good Farm Shop the family were divided with Til up on the farm with Zan, leaving me home alone with Anouk (Tashi, my eldest, was away at a festival). The home was eerily quiet, but was delightful to spend time with my little girl.
This recipe was so incredibly straight forward and delicious that you could do it with hands tied behind your back, or as was in my case, filming, wrangling Anouk and cleaning the house.
Basically grab any ageing veggies and grate them, add some herbs and whisked eggs and voila!
1. Pre heat oven to 160C
2. In a fry pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat, add the thyme and rosemary and mushrooms. Once cooked (approx 10 whilst stirring occasionally) remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Grate the zucchinis and carrot into a large mixing bowl and combine. Add the eggs, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, butter and baking powder and combine.
4. Finally add the mushrooms and mix through. Season the mixture.
5. Grease an oven-proof dish with butter or coconut oil before pouring in the veggie mixture.
6. Place in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Test whether it’s cooked by inserting a knife, if it pulls out ‘clean’ remove from the heat and allow to rest.
7. Serve with some delicious mayo and fresh basil
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.