Veggie pancake rolls w keto satay sauce
1 tbs coconut oil
1 carrot – julienned
1 lebanese cucumber – julienned
1 baby fennel – julienned
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/4 cup crushed cashews
2 cups raw macadamias (satay sauce)
1/2 cup coconut milk (satay sauce)
1 long red chilli – deseeded and chopped (satay sauce)
1 tbs lime juice (satay sauce)
1 tsp honey (satay sauce)
pinch sea salt (satay sauce)
pinch black pepper (satay sauce)
These are a great idea for a light lunch when you have a few friends dropping by. They look great and appears that you have been slaving away in the kitchen all morning but really it took you 30 minutes and the rest of the time you could’ve been chilling with your feet up.
Here’s how it rolled (literally):
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Whisk the eggs with 1/3 cup water until well combined. Season
- Add some coconut oil to the pan and pour in ¼ of the egg mixture – form a thin omelette.
- Cook for 1 minute and flip over. Once cooked on both sides transfer to a sheet of baking paper. Repeat this process with the remaining egg mixture
- Top the omelettes with the some carrots, fennel, cucumber and finally the cashews
- Roll up to form rolls and cut into segments
- For the satay sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz for 20-30 secs or until smooth
- Remove from the jug, season and serve with the rolls
For the satay sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz for 20-30 secs or until smooth
- Remove from the jug, season and serve
- please note the sauce is not vegan due to the fish sauce – but sub out for coconut aminos for a vegan option
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Roasted Pumpkin with Tahini Dressing
Tahini dressing is pretty simple to make and goes with so many things including this roasted pumpkin. Making a bigger...
Tahini & Cacao Slab
This is a super easy keto treat recipe that can be thrown together in no time. Just be aware that...
This was a recipe born out a necessity to clear out some ageing vegetables to make room for fresh replacements....
Turmeric Green Eggs w Chia
Green eggs are a nice addition to eggs and obviously add texture as well as flavour. Turmeric isn’t every-one’s...