Amount Per Serving:
Turmeric Green Eggs w Chia
Green eggs are a nice addition to eggs and obviously add texture as well as flavour. Turmeric isn’t every-one’s cup of tea - it’s clearly mine as my turmeric phase of 2018 depicts (every bloody dish w turmeric) so in short use it or don’t. Your pick.
1 tbs coconut oil (ghee/butter)
1/2 bunch collards green - roughly chopped
1 tsp turmeric
3 eggs - biodynamic/organic - gently whisked with a fork
1 tbs capers
1 tsp chia seeds
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
- Feel free to use any greens such as silverbeet, kale, baby spinach or collard greens.
- Heat the fat on a low heat and add the greens then the turmeric. At this point feel free to add some dried chilli flakes if you’re looking for some heat.
- Once the greens begin to soften add the eggs and capers and turn gently a few times and remove from the heat after a minute or so.
- The residual heat will continue to cook the eggs further.
- Top the eggs with tsp of chia seeds.
- Serve with some avo or tomatoes. I went with this sprouted loaf with butter – yum!
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.