Amount Per Serving:
My wife’s mum makes a mean niçoise salad. Great big chunks of fresh tuna (MSC approved), cold crisp cos lettuce, beans and eggs. What’s not to love? You could serve this as a main or bring it along to a BBQ or potluck as a side dish. Whatever the occasion you can’t really go wrong with a tuna niçoise. I make mine sans potatoes (to my wife’s disappointment) but it’s up to you. Chuck some in if you think you’ll miss them.
4 happy eggs soft boiled and halved
500g fresh albacore tuna
1 tbs olive oil
1 small cos lettuce
100g green beans - trimmed
1 punnet medley cherry toms – halved
1/3 cup black olives – pitted
1 can anchovy fillets – drained
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp ACV
5-6 tbs olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Handful fresh parsley leaves
pinch Sea salt
pinch Black pepper
- Make the dressing to start with. Combine the ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously or use a stick blender. Ingredients include: dijon, ACV, 5-6 tbs olive oil, lemon juice, handful parsley leaves, seasoning.
- Set aside
- Bring some salted water up to the boil, remove from the heat and throw in the beans, cook for 4-5 minutes before removing from the heat
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil the eggs for 6 minutes before removing them and popping into cold water before peeling and halving
- Heat the olive oil in a griddle pan. Season the tuna and pop in the pan, cook for 90 sec on either side and set aside to rest
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and lightly toss
- Add the dressing and season.