Amount Per Serving:
1 whole MSC snapper
1 brown onion - diced
4 garlic cloves - chopped
1 bunch parsley stalks - chopped
3 shallots - chopped
2 tin tomatoes
1 punnet cherry toms
1 cup passata
handful pitted kalamata olives - roughly chopped
handful capers - roughly chopped
1 lemon - zested
1/2 bunch basil - ripped
Getting home after a food shoot I realised I had a whole snapper leftover which needed eating. I threw it in the oven with some lemon and coconut oil on 180 degrees for 35 mins (times vary according to size) and got on with the sauce.
- Heat the fat on a medium heat and add the onion, garlic, parsley stalks and shallots.
- Allow to saute off for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes, passata, spices, olives, capers.
- Allow the tomato sauce to simmer gently until the fish is ready to add.
- Finally add the lemon zest.
- Once the fish is cooked through (not translucent) use a fork to get the flesh away from the carcass (keep the bones and head for stock) and put to one side.
- Add the fish to the tomato sauce 2 minutes before serving. Serve with some torn bail leaves.