Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket
1.5kg grass fed beef brisket
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion – sliced
6 garlic cloves – peeled
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp cumin
3 bay leaves
1 tsp sweet paprika
250mls red wine
750mls beef broth
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
My little girl was born earlier this week which takes my tribe tally up to three. My wife Matilda was extraordinary showing much resolve and grit. With our routine being up-ended it’s the perfect time to break-out some slow-cooked dishes that we can set and forget. Check out this delicious brisket recipe..
Here’s how it rolled:
- Pre heat oven to 250C
- In an oven proof dish add the oil on a medium heat, then add the onion and garlic
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the herbs and spices and cook for a further 1 min
- Turn the heat up high and throw in the beef and stir with the herbs and spices
- Brown the beef off (5-6 mins)
- After the beef is browned add the wine and bring to boil before returning to a simmer
- Throw in the passata, broth and season.
- Pop on the lid and place in the oven and reduce heat to 160C
- Cook for 4 hours or until beef is tender and falls apart.
- Remove from the heat and shred the beef apart and return to the sauce
- Season and serve
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Another green eggs dish except these eggs aren’t scrambled. Easy, delicious and definitely a Sunday favourite after we’ve been to...
Smoothie Bowl #3
I rarely eat breakfast because my bulletproof coffee keeps me satiated until lunch, but I do make this for my...
Thick Post-Workout Smoothie
I love this smoothie purely because of its colour. Beetroot doesn’t just have to be something you throw into salads...
Buttery Leeks With Eggs
Similar to the green eggs except with more vegetables than leafy greens. Here’s how to get the kids eating some...