Amount Per Serving:
Roasted Chicken w Zucchini & Pesto
Pesto can literally be used on anything and it tastes great. Except maybe cereal. Don’t put pesto on your cereal. But protein? Yes. The best thing is you can use all those dying herbs in the bottom of your fridge, add oil, garlic and macadamia nuts and WHAM, there’s your dairy free pesto. Throw in some chicken, zucchini, and whatever else you have laying around. Deeeeelicious.
1 organic whole chicken
2 tbs olive oil
3-4 zucchini - trimmed and cut into noodles or ribbons
1/2 lemon - juiced (pesto)
1/4 bunch basil – leaves removed (pesto)
1/4 bunch mint – leaves removed (pesto)
1/2 garlic clove (pesto)
1/2 cup cup macadamias (pesto)
1/4 cup cup olive (add more if needs be) (pesto)
300g cherry toms - halved
pinch Sea Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 190C
- Rub some olive oil and sea salt on the skin of the chicken, place in a baking tray and pop into the oven for 50-60mins until cooked through (cook times vary according to size of the bird)
- Once cooked remove from the heat and allow to rest/cool
- Strip the bird of the meat, chop and place in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and season – set aside.
- Add the ribbons or noodles to some salted water boiled water (heat turned off)
- Remove zucchini after 20 secs
- Drain thoroughly and place in a bowl
- For the pesto throw all of the ingredients for the pesto into a blender or food processor.
- Blitz for 20-30 secs or until fully combined
- Remove from the blender
- Add 1-2 tbs of pesto to the zucchini and mix thoroughly
- Add the chopped toms, squeeze of lemon and season
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.