Amount Per Serving:
Prawn & Egg Taco
My son would disagree with the word taco here, but let’s all use our best Keto imagination. This is the next best thing. For anything that needs a crunchy hold, they work perfectly. In fact, lettuce cups are my preference all round. Not only do you get to eat more (less filling and less calories) you also get to pat yourself on the back for not eating one of the most processed foods out there. Yes, you guessed it, corn. Sorry to break your hearts friends but corn is GMO, is a mono crop and a grain. Sorry corn. No love for you today. Lettuce cups we love you.
6 Organic Eggs
4-5 tbs Lime Aïoli (see mayo ingredients)
1/2 bunch dill, finely chopped
1 tsp butter
10-12 raw banana prawns, peeled
2 tsp baby capers, rinsed and drained
10-12 baby cos lettuce leaves
2 egg yolks (mayo)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (mayo)
50ml olive oil (mayo)
125ml avocado oil (mayo)
1/2 garlic, minced (mayo)
1 tsp lime juice (mayo)
1 lime - zested (mayo)
pinch Sea salt & Pepper
- Place the eggs in a pot of salted water (make sure the eggs are covered with water). Bring the water to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and run cold water into the pot before setting aside. Once cooled, peel the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the aïoli using a bowl and whisk adding the olive slowly or use a stick blender or a bench top blender. Once you have achieved a mayo consistency add to the eggs and mash together. Add the dill and stir to combine.
- Place a large frying pan over medium–high heat and add the butter. Add the prawns, gently toss and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, chop the prawns up and add to the egg mix with the baby capers. Combine thoroughly then spoon the prawn and egg mix onto each lettuce leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and mustard.
- Slowly pour in the oil while whisking constantly.
- Once creamy, whisk in the garlic, lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.