Amount Per Serving:
Paprika Chicken w Salsa Verde
1 whole organic chicken
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp harissa
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 whole - chopped pumpkin
pinch sea salt
3 tbs salsa verde
half bunch basil (salsa verde)
half bunch parsely (salsa verde)
half clove garlic (salsa verde)
1 tsp dyjon mustard (salsa verde)
4-6 anchoives (salsa verde)
1 tsp capers (salsa verde)
1/3 cup olive oil (salsa verde)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the spices thoroughly then add the coconut oil to produce a wet spice rub.
- Using the back of a spoon or you fingers rub the entire chicken with the spice rub.
- In a roasting try throw in the pumpkin and season and add some fat (coconut oil, ghee, butter etc) and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken on the pumpkin.
- Place a lemon or onion in the cavity – this will help keep the flesh moist during cooking.
- Season the chicken and place in the oven for 60min – time varies according to size of the bird.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz for 30secs or so until a smooth consistency is reached – add more oil if necessary and season to taste.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 10 mins. Carve, hack or pull the meat from the carcass and serve with the salsa verde. Enjoy