Amount Per Serving:
Paprika Chicken w Salsa Verde
What’s there not to love about a recipe that includes some ethical meat and a fresh, acidic and herbaceous dressing. I’m a sucker for this style of dish. At a recent BBQ I cooked up some steaks for friends and whizzed together a chimichurri w red capsicum for some beautiful sweetness. Having fresh herbs in the garden is a big win for dressings saving trips to the supermarket and $$$
1 whole organic chicken
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp harissa
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 whole - chopped pumpkin
pinch sea salt
3 tbs salsa verde
half bunch basil (salsa verde)
half bunch parsely (salsa verde)
half clove garlic (salsa verde)
1 tsp dyjon mustard (salsa verde)
4-6 anchoives (salsa verde)
1 tsp capers (salsa verde)
1/3 cup olive oil (salsa verde)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the spices thoroughly then add the coconut oil to produce a wet spice rub.
- Using the back of a spoon or you fingers rub the entire chicken with the spice rub.
- In a roasting try throw in the pumpkin and season and add some fat (coconut oil, ghee, butter etc) and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken on the pumpkin.
- Place a lemon or onion in the cavity – this will help keep the flesh moist during cooking.
- Season the chicken and place in the oven for 60min – time varies according to size of the bird.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz for 30secs or so until a smooth consistency is reached – add more oil if necessary and season to taste.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 10 mins. Carve, hack or pull the meat from the carcass and serve with the salsa verde. Enjoy
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.