Amount Per Serving:
Pan Fried Sirloin on smashed avo and greens
A slightly more sophisticated version of the standard meat and veg. If you’re looking for news ways to entice the kids to eat some vegetables this might be the way to do it. If they don’t eat it, great, the more for you. Everyone’s a winner.
1 sirloin steak (rump)
1 tsp tallow (butter)
1 bunch broccolini - trimmed and cut into segments (2-3 cms)
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 lemon - juiced
1 ripe avocado - mashed with a fork
1 lime - juiced
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
- Ensure the steak is at room temperature
- Heat the oil in a fry pan on high heat
- Coat the steak in some sea salt and black pepper
- Place the steak in the pan for 3 minutes on each side for rare, (feel free to turn a number of times within that time)
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest
- In a saucepan bring some salted water up to boil
- Once boiling drop in the greens and remove from the heat
- Remove after 3-4 minutes and drain well. Add the lemon juice and olive oil & season
- In small mixing bowl mash the avocado, lime juice and season
- Cut the steak into strips and place onto of the avo smash
The acidity in the avo smash helps to cut through the fattiness of the steak – yuuuuum!
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Slow-Cooked Tomatoes w Garlic and Spinach
This recipe is one which has been on high rotation and serves as a snack or an accompaniment to a...
Raspberry & Choc Ice-Cream
I made this yesterday for a bunch of mates and it went down a treat. They even thought it was...
Here’s a healthy alternative to that pre-packaged muesli you get at the supermarket. If you’ve got the time, go to...
Thick Post-Workout Smoothie
I love this smoothie purely because of its colour. Beetroot doesn’t just have to be something you throw into salads...