Naked Burger w Kale Slaw
8 portello/flat mushrooms
2 sprigs rosemary
splash olive oil
2 garlic - thinly sliced
2 large tomato - sliced
2 avo - mashed
1 bunch kale - finely chopped (slaw)
1 large carrot - cut into matchsticks (slaw)
1 fennel - cut into matchsticks (slaw)
4 egg yolks (mayo)
1 tsp dijon mustard (mayo)
200 mls of each olive oil & avocado oil (mayo)
1 tsp smokey paprika (mayo)
1 tsp lemon - juiced (mayo)
dash ACV (mayo)
pinch sea salt
400 grams grass-fed beef mince (patties)
1 clove garlic - mince (patties)
1 tsp dijon mustard (patties)
- Pre heat the oven 180 degrees.
- Remove the stalk from the mushroom and place on a baking tray.
- Place couple slithers of garlic on each mushroom, some rosemary and a drizzle of oil.
- Pop in oven for 10 minutes or until slightly softened.
- To make the mayo combine the egg yolk and mustard with a whisk, add a dash of ACV and then slowly drizzle the oil in constantly whisking to avoid splitting the mixture.
- Stop when you have reached a mayo consistency.
- Add the paprika and combine, season and add a squeeze of lemon.
- Now add the kale, carrot and fennel to a bowl and combine with 3-4 tbs of mayo to make the slaw. Set aside.
- Combine the mince with the mustard and garlic and divide into patties (about the size of the mushrooms).
- Add 1 tbs spoon of coconut oil to a fry pan on high heat.
Add the patty and cook for 3-4 mins on each side or until just cooked through – allow to rest.
Mash the avo with some lemon and sea salt.
Assemble the burger. On a mushroom lay a slice of tomato, the patty, avo, then the slaw and the second mushroom. Open wide and enjoy!