Amount Per Serving:
Mussels In Coconut Broth
Another one of those dishes sure to impress. Perfect for a winter dinner party served with cauliflower rice (or a cheeky slice of sourdough if you’re anything like my mother-in-law). You’ll know the mussels are done when they open. Don’t overcook them, they don’t take long. Here’s how to do it:
1 tbs Butter
1 Finely chopped Brown onion
1/2 bunch Coriander – stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
4 Garlic Cloves- Finely Chopped
1 Long red chilli (optional) – deseeded and finely chopped *
1/2 Bunch English spinach – roughly chopped
400ml Coconut cream/milk
1/2 cup Chicken stock
Splash White wine (optional)
500g Mussels – Vacuum sealed bag from fishmonger
1/2 Lemon - juiced
- In a large frypan heat the butter on med heat
- Add the onion, coriander stalks, chili* and garlic, and cook till softened.
- Add the chopped leek and add the stock and/or white wine and turn up the heat – allow the alcohol to burn off
- Add the spinach, coconut cream and stir.
- Add the mussels and ensure to coat the mussels with the sauce.
- Pop the lid on and cook for 5-6 min on medium heat.
- Once the mussels are open they are ready – serve in a deep bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.