1 whole chicken carcass (+ gelatine, meat)
2 carrots - sliced
1 corn cob
12 cherry tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp herbs de Provence
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tbs butter
3 tbs sheep's yoghurt
large pinch sea salt
Ps. That’s my little sons hand in the frame – mine are normal size in case there was any confusion.
Here’s how it rolled:
- Place the carcass plus any gelatine in a large saucepan and cover with approx 3 litres water – enough to cover the chicken plus some
- Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, herbs de Provence, salt and bring to the boil
- Once boiling reduce heat to a moderate simmer and add the sweetcorn, tomatoes, carrots and garlic (this was in the skin and from the roast chicken the night before)
- Cook for 20 minutes or until corn and carrots are softened.
- remove cob and cut kernels off before returning them to the soup
- Remove from the heat and remove any bones before blending using a stick blender
- Add the butter, chopped parsley and yoghurt
- Season and serve
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.