1 whole chicken carcass (+ gelatine, meat)
2 carrots - sliced
1 corn cob
12 cherry tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp herbs de Provence
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tbs butter
3 tbs sheep's yoghurt
large pinch sea salt
Ps. That’s my little sons hand in the frame – mine are normal size in case there was any confusion.
Here’s how it rolled:
- Place the carcass plus any gelatine in a large saucepan and cover with approx 3 litres water – enough to cover the chicken plus some
- Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, herbs de Provence, salt and bring to the boil
- Once boiling reduce heat to a moderate simmer and add the sweetcorn, tomatoes, carrots and garlic (this was in the skin and from the roast chicken the night before)
- Cook for 20 minutes or until corn and carrots are softened.
- remove cob and cut kernels off before returning them to the soup
- Remove from the heat and remove any bones before blending using a stick blender
- Add the butter, chopped parsley and yoghurt
- Season and serve
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Another green eggs dish except these eggs aren’t scrambled. Easy, delicious and definitely a Sunday favourite after we’ve been to...
Curried Minced Lamb
Nothing says comfort more than this recipe. Full of aromatic flavours it’s the culinary equivalent of having a warm hug...
Roasted Rosemary Macadamia’s
Remember what I said about the macadamia smoothie? Keep that in mind when you’re chowing down on handfuls of these...
My wife used to frequent the organic cafe in Bondi most mornings just to get a gluten free, low sugar...