Amount Per Serving:
Lamb Chops & Mash
An easy dish to forget about. The old lamb chop. But boy do I appreciate them when I make them. Especially with some homemade mint sauce (which I promise to do a recipe for in the near future). In the meantime, I think you’ll love this version of sweet potato mash. Again, it’s worth making friend with your butcher to make sure you know where your meat is coming from. And if they don’t know, ask them to find out.
4 Grass fed lamb chops
1 tbs coconut oil (ghee/lard/tallow)
1 medium sweet potato - roughly chopped
1 tbs butter
handful capers -rinsed/drained
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 lemon - juiced
pinch sea salt
- Bring some salted water up to the boil
- Once boiling add the chopped sweet potato and reduce the heat slightly- cook until softened
- Heat the fat in a fry pan
- Season the lamb chops
- Once the fat is hot add the lamb chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking
- Turn the lamb chop on its side for 1 minute to help render the fat on the outside
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes once they have softened and return to heat for 30 secs to remove excess liquid
- Add the butter, dijon mustard, capers and seasoning.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the lamb chops
I added the mash to the fry pan to soak up all the yummy flavours.
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.