Amount Per Serving:
A perfect dish on its own or as a side. Especially useful as a side to anything that requires rice but you don’t want the carb load. Cauliflower is a GREAT alternative. Add a few spices and some smoked fish and you’ve got yourself a new best friend.
350 g cauliflower, stalks and leaves trimmed
2 tbs butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 brown onion, chopped
3 shallots, trimmed and chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
400 g smoked fish (remove any skin or bones)
150 g English spinach, roughly chopped
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor to form rice. Remove from the jug and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over low heat and add the butter. Add the garlic, onion and shallots, and sauté for 4–6 minutes or until softened. Add the cumin, curry powder and turmeric, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the smoked fish and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted and the cauliflower is warmed through.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve with the boiled eggs.