Amount Per Serving:
Cottage Pie w Sweet Potato Mash
1 tbs Coconut oil
500g grass fed beef mince
1 medium brown onion - sliced
4 garlic cloves - minced
splash red wine (optional)
1/2 cup stock/broth
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp turmeric
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tbs butter
pinch sea salt
- Ok – pop the oven on 180 degress and throw some salted water on for boiling.
- Heat the coconut oil on a medium heat and soften the onion and garlic. Once they soften add the mince and increase the heat.
- Add the red wine and allow the alcohol to cook off for 2-3 mins before adding the stock and spices and season.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Chop the sweet potato and throw into a pan and cover with salted water. Boil the water until the potato chunks begin to soften, remove from the heat, drain the water and reapply to the heat to rid any excess moisture.
- Add the butter, season and mash. Set aside.
- Once the mince mixture has thickened transfer to a baking dish. Top the mince with the sweet potato mash and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once golden brown (you may need to pop the grill on). Remove from the oven and set aside. Serve and enjoy