Amount Per Serving:
Buttery Leeks With Eggs
Similar to the green eggs except with more vegetables than leafy greens. Here’s how to get the kids eating some brussels without pulling a disgusted face. The butter makes all the difference. I love this with chilli but feel free to leave it out if spice isn’t your thing.
1 long red chilli - deseeded and sliced
1 leek - chopped
120g brussels sprouts - halved
3 happy eggs
2 tbs salsa verde
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
small handful fresh parsley - roughly chopped
- Heat the butter on a low/med heat.
- Add the chopped chilli (optional), brussels and leeks and saute for 5-6 minutes until they begin the soften
- Make 4 depressions in the mix and crack some happy eggs in them
- Continue to cook until the eggs are cooked to you liking.
- Remove from the heat
- Throw in some fresh parsley and some salsa verde (https://www.scottgoodingproject.com/recipe/salsa-verde/)