Amount Per Serving:
Broccolini & Pea Omelette
This is a delicious 'weekend' breakfast and one inspired by Illi Cafe in Marrickville. When my wife and I first starting dating we'd meet at Illi often and sit for hours over food and coffee. I haven't been back since we moved but often think about that dish and hence the re-creation. This is a keto friendly dish and great as a breakfast or lunch option.
4 pastured raised egg - beaten
2 tbs butter
1 bunch broccolini - stalks trimmed
1/4 cup peas (frozen is fine)
1 tbs sunflower seeds
2 tbs pesto (see pesto ingredients)
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
3 sprigs watercress
1 bunch fresh basil - leaves removed (pesto)
¼ bunch fresh mint – leaves removed (pesto)
1/2 clove garlic (pesto)
1/2 cup macadamias (pesto)
1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil (pesto)
1/2 lemon - juiced (pesto)
pinch sea salt (pesto)
pinch black pepper (pesto)
- Heat 1 tbs butter on a high heat in a fry pan. Add the broccolini and toss for 4-5 min until charred and softened. Remove from the heat
- Bring some salted water to the boil place the peas in and allow to cook for 2 minutes before removing from the heat and setting aside
- Heat the remaining butter in a fry pan on a low heat add the eggs and allow the base to cook (1-2 mins)
- Place the broccoli and peas on the omelette as well as the walnuts and sunflowers seeds
- Continue to cook the eggs until cooked to your liking
- Remove from the heat and serve with the pesto and watercress
- Throw all of the ingredients for the pesto into a blender or food processor.
- Blitz for 20-30 secs or until fully combined
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Beef Rogan Josh
I'm excited to be sharing something with you guys very soon. It'll a one-stop-shop for health and fitness and accessible...
You can die now. All your dreams have come true. Keto, low sugar, low carb, paleo, delicious, yummy, guilt free...
Dear Beef Stroganoff, Will you marry me? Love Scott. No, in all seriousness, this is a GREAT...
This really is the perfect accompaniment to a nice juicy steak or chicken breast. If you’re going to a bbq...