Amount Per Serving:
Lamb Bolognese with spiced pumpkin
This is a recipe I did a long time ago for a beautiful e-book I created called Nourished (available through iTunes). Spent a week cooking with a wonderful photographer and stylist to create something wonderful. Using mince (assuming it’s ethical) is an affordable meat option and an economical way to get nutrients and veggies into the family at dinner time.
500g grass-finished lamb mince
1 tbs coconut oil or ghee
1 bunch parsley - stalks finely chopped
1 long red chilli
2 small brown onion - finely chopped
4 garlic cloves - minced
1 tsp caraway seeds - crushed
2 tsp smokey paprika
1 tsp cumin
handful field mushrooms - roughly chopped
3 carrots - sliced
1/3 cup bone broth
600g canned toms
1/2 cup passata
2 tsp mixed spice (pumpkin)
1 tbs coconut oil (pumpkin)
pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Slice the pumpkin into 2 cm slices and throw into a baking tray. Add the oil and spices and toss until spices coat the pumpkin. Season. Pop in the oven for 50 mins
- In a pan heat the ghee/coconut oil, add the onion, garlic and parsley stalks. Cook off until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the spices and chilli and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the mince and keep turning until the mince has browned, then reduce the heat.
- Add the tomatoes, passata, carrots then mushrooms and allow to simmer for 20 mins.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and serve with the mince.
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.