Amount Per Serving:
Lamb Bolognese with spiced pumpkin
500g grass-finished lamb mince
1 tbs coconut oil or ghee
1 bunch parsley - stalks finely chopped
1 long red chilli
2 small brown onion - finely chopped
4 garlic cloves - minced
1 tsp caraway seeds - crushed
2 tsp smokey paprika
1 tsp cumin
handful field mushrooms - roughly chopped
3 carrots - sliced
1/3 cup bone broth
600g canned toms
1/2 cup passata
2 tsp mixed spice (pumpkin)
1 tbs coconut oil (pumpkin)
pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Slice the pumpkin into 2 cm slices and throw into a baking tray. Add the oil and spices and toss until spices coat the pumpkin. Season. Pop in the oven for 50 mins
- In a pan heat the ghee/coconut oil, add the onion, garlic and parsley stalks. Cook off until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the spices and chilli and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the mince and keep turning until the mince has browned, then reduce the heat.
- Add the tomatoes, passata, carrots then mushrooms and allow to simmer for 20 mins.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and serve with the mince.