Amount Per Serving:
Boiled Eggs w Paleo Bread
This is the only kind of bread I eat. Okay you got me. Sometimes I have a sneaky slice of good quality sourdough. But for the most part I make my own bread because let’s face it, bread isn’t what it used to be. Most bread from the supermarket is made up of sugar and gluten. And the ones that say gluten free are usually full of other ingredients that don’t serve us. Ever noticed how sweet and fluffy they are? Kind of like cake? Exactly. So here is a guilt free, healthy bread alternative. Plus, there’s something deeply satisfying about serving a loaf of homemade bread to your family and friends. And the eggies on top are a bonus. I’m always looking for new ways to improve my bread so hit me up if you have a great recipe
2 biodynamic/organic eggs
1 slice bread
2 cups almond meal (bread)
1 cup arrowroot (bread)
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives – roughly chopped (bread)
1 tsp baking powder (bread)
6 biodynamic/organic eggs (bread)
handful pepitas (save some for topping) (bread)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar (bread)
2 cups grated zucchini (bread)
pinch Sea salt
pinch Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a breadloaf tin with baking paper.
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients – almond meal, baking powder, pepitas, and pinch of salt/pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients – lightly whisk the eggs, add the olive, ACV and add the zucchini.
- Combine both bowls until you achieve a dough. Pop the dough into the lined loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining pepitas on top and throw it in the oven.
- Bake for 60 mins, or until golden on top and cooked through (test by insert a knife – if it comes out clean you are good to go!).
- Remove from the loaf tin and sit it on a cooling rack. Cut off a slice and melt some butter.
For the eggs…
- Pop the eggs into a small saucepan and cover with water (just enough to cover the eggs).
- Put the lid on and bring to the boil on the highest heat. Once boiling remove from the heat and set aside for 6 mins.
- After 6 minutes lift the lid and remove the eggs. Add another 2 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.
Pan-fried chicken liver w silverbeet
Ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper I've chowed down on offal. Not only does it have incredible nutrient...
If you get home and realised you’d forgotten to book the table for two at that restaurant, forgotten to grab...
Kale & Chilli Omelette
Eggs are great on their own (assuming you’ve used butter) but they can be a culinary vehicle to add more...
Chicken Bone Broth
This is one of those staple things you always want to have on hand but rarely do. The easiest and...