Amount Per Serving:
Dear Beef Stroganoff, Will you marry me? Love Scott. No, in all seriousness, this is a GREAT dish to make to wow anyone. Sometimes I make it when the family is away just to wow myself and not have to share it. It’s thick and creamy and ‘ketoy’ and you’ll always find room for seconds. It’s also one of those dishes that taste better the next day so maybe double the ingredients and make extra.
500 g chuck steak
40 g ghee
1 onion – peeled and chopped
2 garlic – peeled and chopped
Large handful button mushrooms – halved
½ cup white wine
2 cups beef broth
3 tsp Dijon
1 tbs thyme
1 tbs rosemary
120 g coconut cream
pinch sea salt
- In a large saucepan add the ghee on a medium heat
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins
- Add the wine and cook off alcohol – 1-2 minutes
- Add the broth, mustard, herbs and stir
- Add the coconut cream and stir until thickened to desired consistency (add more if necessary)
- Add the beef and cook for 90 minutes on low-med heat with lid on
- Remove from the heat.
The cookbook companion to The Keto Diet,
includes 150 delicious Keto-friendly reipes, all
gluten-free, low sugar, soy-free and non-GMO.