Amount Per Serving:
My wife used to frequent the organic cafe in Bondi most mornings just to get a gluten free, low sugar muffin, also known as Buffins (buckwheat flour). She was devastated when we left Bondi and moved to the northern beaches, an hour away from her favourite Buffin breaky spot. So... I did what any good husband would do. I set about making my own version of the buffin. There were certainly a few trays that ended up in the compost, but eventually we got there. Sometimes I like to mix it up a bit and change the fruit just to keep her guessing. Feel free to sub in your favourite fruit. Just aim for low sugar
4 biodynamic eggs
½ cup coconut flour
2 tbs melted coconut oil
4 ripe bananas – mashed
2 tbs honey
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbs chia seeds
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and then in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients (bananas, butter, eggs, oil, honey).
- Combine both bowls and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Line a muffin tray with coconut oil and fill with the muffin mixture.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- To ensure they are cooked insert a knife and if it’s clean when removed – they’re done!